Yoshida Castle

Aichi, Chubu

Yoshida Castle (Yoshida-jo) was built in 1505 by Lord Makino, who governed this region. At first it was called Imahashi Castle after the place name, but it was subsequently changed to Yoshida Castle as it changed hands many times because of war. The total area is roughly 112,000 sq m and there is an extant old stone wall and a three-tiered donjon that was reconstructed in 1954.

Information

Address
3 Imahashi-cho, Toyohashi-shi, Aichi
Admission Fee
Free
Closed
Opened only Sundays
Notes
[Rail]JR Toyohashi Station/Toyohashi Railway Azumada Line/8 min./Shiyakusho (City Hall)-mae Station/5 min.

What's Nearby?

More on Yoshida Castle