Omine Castle (Omine-jo) was built around the middle of the 16th century. Back then, two powerful daimyos – Takeda Shingen and Uesugi Kenshin – were struggling for supremacy in the vicinity. Omine Castle was built by Uesugi, but as it was positioned at an important site for both sides, they were frequently engaged in battles here. The Takeda side subsequently came to govern this region and it became a castle of the Takeda clan. The existing donjon has been rebuilt in recent years and houses a museum exhibiting butterflies from around the world. The fourth floor is an observatory.
- Omine-san, Nagano-shi, Nagano
- Admission Fee
- 250 yen
- [Bus]JR Nagano Station/Bus/25 min./Shinyasu Bus Stop/On foot/20 min.
- Nagano City Tourist Information Center Tourist Information Offices Nagano City Tourist Information Center
- Iiyama Station Tourist Information Center Tourist Information Offices Iiyama Station Tourist Information Center
- Hokusaikan Museum Museums Hokusaikan Museum
- Zenko-ji Temple Shrines, Temples & Churches Zenko-ji Temple