Fukuyama Castle (Fukuyama-jo) was built by the daimyo Mizuno Katsunari and was completed in 1622. It subsequently became the castle of the Mizuno family until the end of the 17th century. Abe Masahiro, who was the lord of the Fukuyama domain, became the governor in the middle of the 18th century. Many of the buildings were destroyed by fire at the end of WWII, but buildings such as the donjon and the moon viewing turret were reconstructed in 1966. The rebuilt donjon is a five-tiered steel-reinforced building which houses a museum.
- 1 Marunouchi, Fukuyama-shi, Hiroshima
- Admission Fee
- 200 yen
- Mondays, Dec. 28-31
- [Walk]JR Fukuyama Station/On foot/5 min.
- Onomichi Ｔourist Information Tourist Information Offices Onomichi Ｔourist Information
- Sightseeing Tourist Station Fukuyama Tourist Information Offices Sightseeing Tourist Station Fukuyama
- Myo-o-in Temple Shrines, Temples & Churches Myo-o-in Temple
- Jodo-ji Temple Shrines, Temples & Churches Jodo-ji Temple
- Shimanami-Kaido (Hiroshima) Natural Scenery Shimanami-Kaido (Hiroshima)
- Innoshima Suigun Castle Castles Innoshima Suigun Castle