The Tama area is a commuter town in the west of Tokyo. There are many verdant parks and tourist facilities here, as well as the Ghibli Museum, Mitaka, which is famous in the world of anime and can be found near to Inogashira Park in Kichijoji. There is also the Sanrio Puroland of Hello Kitty in Tama New Town, which is one of the capital's leading commuter towns.
Around the Western Tokyo Area
- Tama Zoological Park Zoological & Botanical Gardens, Aquariums Tama Zoological Park
- Suntory Brewery Musashino Factory Industrial Tourism Suntory Brewery Musashino Factory
- Murayama Oshima-tsumugi (pongee) Handicrafts Murayama Oshima-tsumugi (pongee)
- Sanrio Puroland Theme Parks Sanrio Puroland
- Edo Tokyo Open Air Architectural Museum Museums Edo Tokyo Open Air Architectural Museum
- Ghibli Museum, Mitaka Museums Ghibli Museum, Mitaka