Fukuyama Castle (Fukuyama-jo) was built by the daimyo Mizuno Katsunari and was completed in 1622. It subsequently became the castle of the Mizuno family until the end of the 17th century. Abe Masahiro, who was the lord of the Fukuyama domain, became the governor in the middle of the 18th century. Many of the buildings were destroyed by fire at the end of WWII, but buildings such as the donjon and the moon viewing turret were reconstructed in 1966. The rebuilt donjon is a five-tiered steel-reinforced building which houses a museum.
Address: 1 Marunouchi, Fukuyama-shi, Hiroshima
Admission Fee: 200 yen
Closed: Mondays, Dec. 28-31
[Walk]JR Fukuyama Station/On foot/5 min.